Sunday, May 15, 2011

It Just Might Be Possible

It just might be possible to do a quilt on the boys' sewing machine. 

Yesterday, I wasn't so sure.

Since yesterday afternoon, night, and a bit this morning....I was actually able to piece this quilt top.
 I won't lie.  It wasn't easy.  The reason for the length of time it took was because my seam ripper was working at top speed.

I used two jelly rolls from Fabric Palette that I bought on sale at my local Jo-Anns

The strip books I bought a few months back seem to need closer to 30-40 strips for a completed quilt. 

I modified this quilt pattern to be a bit smaller.  I just didn't like the piano key border being as long as they instructed (6 inches versus the 3 inch border I decided on.)  

My goal is to get this finished for the Bloggers' Quilt Festival this week.  I have never really felt like I have anything to offer since it has been quite a while since I have finished a quilt for myself.

Now to do a border, backing, and binding on the boys' machine.  I sure hope my walking foot works on it!

1 comment:

I cannot wait to hear what you have to say! Seriously! It makes my day!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...