I think I just may have won the war!!!!
In case you didn't stop by last week, I have been on a mission to finish one 8th grade Auction T-shirt Quilt by today.
It has gone from Beast to Mammoth!
I started out with a plan to do red in the middle and work my way out to blue, a bit of a rainbow effect.
But the pink threw me off.
So I tried to go random...I didn't even take a picture because it was so awful...the red and blue were such a large amount, that there was not a good way to embrace the random.
I let it sit for a day and did some odds and ends chores in my laundry room.
I fiddled on EQ7.
I then decided that there was enough red and blue t-shirts to make a "border". Then an inside row of whites and grays. I then concentrated the very small, but very bold orange, pink, and yellow t-shirts in the center.
At that point I had to concede the battle to the shirts...not to mention Enemy number one: BUTTON!
Hands behind his back and one sock off...never a good sign.
He loved to pull the shirts off the design board and try to throw them in the wash. He is a tricky one, that young one!
I have made progress and have almost completely pieced each row, and the rows together.
Today's plan is to finish the piecing...
...it is a breeze with the Tricot stabilizer!
And I plan to have Mammoth on Ole Betsy by late morning/early afternoon.
The binding and backing await....
All other projects...COMPLETELY on hold in the meantime!
The auction is Saturday!!
Linking up with Lee!
|click on image|
I just hope that I am alive by Saturday morning. Check on me, okay?
But Enemy Number One is SOOOOOO cute ..... looking forward to seeing the end result and hearing any tips you have in the end after working with so many t-shirts and the "stretch factor", backing etc. hugsReplyDelete
Good luck with finishing on deadline, I'm sure you'll make it.ReplyDelete
Oh, yeah. You're almost there! Good luck!ReplyDelete
I'm curious, too, about using the tricot interfacing rather than a woven interfacing. I've got to make 2 t-shirt quilts in the future, and was told that a woven interfacing is the best to use. I think it's SF101 or something like that?
Anyways, good luck! Can't wait to see it finished! :)
It's so nice to follow the process and all the effort and thoughts you have put in the very right layout - when suddenly enemy Nr. one comes on the plan ;-)ReplyDelete
It gave me a big smile.
You will make it, I'm sure and it looks wonderful so far!
I like the way you ended up organizing all those T shirts. I am sure you´ll make it....we work better under pressure....right??? LOLReplyDelete
I love that photo of your little one :) Your t-shirt quilt is looking good!ReplyDelete
This looks so great Heidi! What a great idea :-)ReplyDelete
I'm so happy you're making progress! I'm glad to hear the tricot stabilizer is working for you. When we last made a t-shirt quilt it was before any of us were quilters and we had no idea to use stabilizer. I just remember it being a challenging (read disastrous) project. Button is so adorable BTW- too cute that he wants to wash the shirts. Good luck with the quilting!ReplyDelete
It's looking good you are almost there!!!!!!!ReplyDelete
Sounds like you are ready to crank some tunes and get moving. I can't wait to see the finished project. Poor Button no longer has things to pull off your design wall and put in the laundry.ReplyDelete
Ahaha! Enemy number one is looking SOOOO innocent in that picture :)ReplyDelete
Your #1 enemy is the cutest thing. I can still remember when my daughter emptied all my drawers to play with the clothes.ReplyDelete
Nevertheless your quilt is moving on and i'm sure you'll finish ih on time.
WOW! That is quite a battle! I know you'll get it done, though!ReplyDelete
Button is so darn cute. My oldest was completely bald until she was almost two, so to this day I can't see a bald baby without melting a little. : )
Wow,what a quilt that will be! Such a cute little Button :)ReplyDelete