is back at Amy's Creative Side!
Luckily, I already have a quilt, right?
I am probably BORING my regular followers this week, but I don't have any other quilt to submit to the festival this Fall, other than my Spiders and Webs Quilt.
Last time I mention it on the blog....I PROMISE!!!
I finished it over the weekend!
This is a HUGE feat since, like I have said before, I am a not a Halloween expert. After doing my Haunted Mansion Mantle and this quilt, I can honestly say that we are picking up the spirit around the house. The boys (and I mean dear hubby, too), and I had a grand time scheming and shopping for outdoor decorations this year!
I'd love for you to go there and see!
Yes!!! I am now a Moda Bake Shop chef.
I may or may not have squealed when they approved my application!
For those of my followers who don't know, Moda is a Fabric company that quilters love. The Bake Shop is known for the different pre-cut fabrics they provide. My job is to make projects with them. How awful, right!
Button was pleased too....
It was a quilt that was out of my comfort zone.
Bright Halloween colors. Busy fabrics.
And variegated thread for the quilting!
I had planned to do a different quilting scheme than the final product. I actually struggled with whether I was going to FMQ (free motion quilt) or stitch in the ditch or echo quilt.
But when I sat down with those crazy colors. The movie Coraline came to mind.
The variegated thread was just begging me to mimic that swirl and spiral! As soon as I started doing a spiral, I realized that I nailed it. I didn't have to be perfect. Primitive and uneven were the name of the game.
It is one of my most favorite "cartoon" movie. Spooky. Beautiful. Juxtaposition of gray tones and bright colors. The movie has tiny handmade items like Coraline's sweater.
I especially love the buttons in the movie.
I love Buttons!!!
|This is him taking off....just started crawling on all fours last week!|
We already used the quilt this past weekend. Family Movie Night at the boys' school. It is actually the largest quilt that I have made and kept.
So, no, I am not giving this away, no matter how much you ask.....
Even Button agrees.
|If looks could kill.........|
He says go make your own with My Tutorial!
To those quilters that follow me, I REALLY recommend joining in! You get to show off your quilt one more time AND you get to see some other amazing quilts. It is like going to a quilt show without ever leaving your own home and it's FREE!!!
If you want to join in...here are the Quilt Festival's participation rules:
1. Share ONE quilt and it's story. It doesn't have to be new. Just make a NEW post...old posts will be deleted. (Hence, why you are seeing my quilt again this week).
2. Link back to the festival. Click on the image at the top of this post or below!
3. Create a permalink at Amy's Creative Side. Go HERE for specific instructions. You want the other participants to come and visit, right?
4. Leave a comment for giveaways....I don't usually enter giveaways, but hey, why not, right?
5. Visit all the other quilters and be inspired....Seriously this is NOT difficult to do at all. Now that I am on Pinterest, I plan on pinning like crazy!!!!
6. Join the flickr group pool. One more opportunity to show off your quilt photo.
HAPPY BLOGGER'S QUILT FESTIVAL EVERYONE!!!!!!!
ETA: Sorry if this looks different. It posted when it was supposed to just be a draft earlier!!! I added the necessaries!!!!!