Umm.....as you all might surmise, I LOVE throw pillows. I make throw pillow slipcovers ALL the time! When I saw another blogger that I follow enter into the party. I had to join the Bloggers Pillow Party!
So, I am linking my Brand New Heart Pillow that I made in February, right before Button's arrival. It sits happily in my "Studio" (remember my tongue-in-cheek name for my room!)
I have to say...I was feeding James last night in my room, and I couldn't help but enjoy it! It makes me smile for so many reasons!!!
Why do I love it?
- It showcases my first try at Foundation Piecing.
- I love to free motion quilt, but always stray away from large projects. A throw pillow is easy to work through my finicky machine! I am secretly waiting for a long-arm machine. Little does hubby know how I would worship him if he bought me one!
- I love to do hand embroidery. The words took me a long time, but were so worth it!
- I love when I use a design from a book. I am always buying them, but never using them as much as I should. This one is from: Love and Friendship Quilted Pillows.
- I love that the quote actually stirred up some of my Grammar Police friends. The one word "That's" really had some feathers ruffled. I begged for forgiveness since I didn't come up with the quote myself.
- I was able to use some buttons from my collection.
- I used only the fabric scraps I had on hand! A dinner napkin and scrap pieces from countless projects!
- I took pictures so I could do a tutorial.
And LAST BUT NOT LEAST. This pillow embodies everything that our family has been through since June 2009.
Do you think it is a worthy entry?