When I made my Checkmate quilts, I wanted to cover the long rectangular pillows that belong on each chair. Since they are a teal blue, they don't really match much?
I really wanted to use up every bit of the leftover Lost and Found fabric. I remembered that the Barn Bat pillow I made before, didn't really use up much fabric. Instead of a bunch of rows, I knew I wanted to make a single row with black background.
My original intention was to use the variegated thread,
that I still have leftover from my Spiders and Web Quilt in 2011.
But then I realized that I didn't want it to be read as much purple/pink as I originally thought and spread out the color over the pink.
I started to add black to add some depth to it.
And then a dark (not shown) and light gray like above.
When I felt like I had enough of the lighter color, I filled the rest in with black again. Excuse the lint! I tried everything to remove it and finally figured out my handheld vacuum with the roller brush did the trick!!!
You can see above that funky dot I used for the backing of the quilted front, and the googly eyes for the hidden zipper backs. Both are scraps from leftover backing and binding from a commissioned Trick or Treat Quilt. Black zippers I had on hand and then I had some more of that lovely black and white stripe from the Lost and Found collection.
I love that I used a bunch of scrap and stash to make these two coordinating pillows happen!
I'm loving this years plan of using all the bits and pieces of a precut until the last drop!!!
Post a Comment
I cannot wait to hear what you have to say! Seriously! It makes my day!