What happened to all of my hopes?
I am rapidly feeling like I am so behind in my own race that I will never catch up.
But when DON'T I feel like that?
I guess, I was so "busy" that I didn't do my quarterly review (in August) of my hopes!!!
So I guess today will be good as any other!
- Internet: I feel like I have made considerable progress recently. New blog header, cleaning up of my template. I am sure it could use some more tweeking...but that's okay. I like the tweaking. I am excited because I am going to have a very special giveaway (sooner than later). Keep your eyes open! BTW..even if you aren't reading..I am enjoying rambling somewhere and my blog suits me well!
- Grief: Up and down. Up and down. I have noticed that my blog is becoming less about my grief and Jamie and more about my crafting/sewing. I have another blog URL on the sideline in "wait" mode. I am feeling more and more compelled to confine my grief there. I would, of course, still reference it here every once in awhile, but feeling the need to split it up. But. Maybe not. Confusing enough?
- Sewing: Wow! A lot done this summer, yet not enough. I still haven't finished Button's nursery and I still have a whole house to tackle! Not many orders right now, so I really need to take advantage.
- Embroidery: I have made even more strides. I have invested in a few more hoops to manage orders better and I am learning all about splitting images on my software so I can use my large multipostional hoop. So cool.
- Quilting: I have made more quilts this year, than I ever have before. And, two of them have stayed home with me. I also have been excited that they have been featured on other sites. So gratifying! I am currently working on the Hawaiian quilt and the two puffy quilts.
- Crafting: A little here and there. It always depends on the mood or the needs in our house!
- Scrapbooking: Thank goodness for scrapbook retreats, otherwise, there is NOT much going on here. I am on countdown....8 days away. And that giveaway? ALL about scrapbooking. Stay tuned!
- Family: Never last. NEVER. My newest goal as a mother is to focus on the time I have left. With the oldest starting High School recently, it becomes increasingly clear that our time with him is waning. I am no longer allowing myself to "cop out" and decide not to attend school/sports events with pitiful excuses that I need to get home to do laundry or clean. I am not limiting their after school activities as much as the past, claiming that it is too much (for me). All I hope is that, someday, they realize that I spent 4-9 hours a day in my car to make it all happen.
The only good thing today?
My calendar is completely empty!!
At least for the next 10 minutes.
|Picture borrowed from a Parenting article.